For vehicle owners
END-OF-LIFE VEHICLES AND USED SPARE PARTS
If you wish to dispose of your end-of-life vehicle worry-free, please consider the following.
End-of-life vehicles are hazardous waste, which may only be managed by authorised enterprises with a waste management licence and a waste permit. Only through these enterprises can your vehicle be deleted from the traffic register of the Estonian Road Administration.
Each vehicle owner is personally responsible for the fate of their vehicle. Demolishing your vehicle yourself, transferring it to an illegal breaker or abandoning it in the woods is against the law as well as harmful to nature and our living environment. Acting in this way is prohibited and punishable by law.
Used spare parts
In accordance with the European directive, our members ensure the recovery of a minimum of 95% of the mass of each end-of-life vehicle. Think green, save money and protect the environment – choose used spare parts!
Note! Our salvage yards have concluded data communication agreements with the registration department of the Estonian Road Administration, which allows them to electronically send certificates of destruction directly to the registration department. This means that our salvage yards will delete your vehicle’s data from the register for you.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY CAR HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS LIFE?
- Send a REQUEST through our website to our licenced salvage yards for purchase offers for your vehicle.
- Contact the salvage yard that made you the best offer.
- Come to an agreement regarding the transport of the scrap car to the salvage yard.
- Necessary documents for transfer: identity document of the transferor, technical passport for the vehicle. In the absence of a technical passport, you may ask for certification from the offices of the Estonian Road Administration.
- Our salvage yards will delete your vehicle’s data from the register in accordance with the data communication agreement concluded with the registration department of the Road Association.
- Payment for the end-of-life vehicle shall be by bank transfer to your bank account.